An OMNIST MANIFESTO
This Manifesto was Drafted on August 8th, 2012, in Oakland, California, for All beings to grasp self-disciplined liberation and to define and propagate, in earnest, this novel, catholic ideology of Omnism: the last paradigm.
I. Definition and Interpretation
om·ni- [Lat. omnis, "all"] prefix Of all things; in all places.
-ism [Lat. -ismos, Greek -isma] suffix Forms nouns; often denotes a system, principle, doctrine, ideology, philosophy, or political practice and/or movement.
1. Omnism is self-liberation! Omnism is, in essence, open-mindedness.
2. Omnism is a self-ordained liberty of exploring and embracing any or all humanity’s established paths of understanding.
3. Here, understanding that all spirituality, religions, sciences, mystery cults, and philosophies themselves are all potentially paralleled paths of understanding.
4. There is no dogma or doctrine in Omnism, only those that the Omnist practices for themselves, autonomously.
5. Omnists, although inherently individualistic, are supremely collective in their acceptance of all philosophical paths and ways of gnosis, or what has been labeled as great liberation or self-realization, as well as in their desire to independently critically analyze, balance, and practice their lives.
6. Omnism is, ultimately, a supremely catholic¹ philosophy.
7. Omnism is a paradigm of liberation from and a praxis of disillusionment of all paradigms, not excluding itself.
8. It is a means to an end, the ismto end all bondage to isms; it is the last belief prison.
9. Omnism may only be relevant in our current Æon, and may be seen as the visionary idea of the possibility of a Bridge from the paradigm of bondage to ideologies to the liberation from ideologies.
10. The responsibility lies in the Omnist to manifest their interpretation of this Bridge of collected awareness and, in understanding the inherent nature (or base) of the sum of all prior levels of human understanding, allow that Bridge, itself, to dissolve.
11. It is pivotal to recognize this philosophy, not as law, but simply a tool (a Lens) to see the world beyond the Lens, and to dissolve this, the largest Lens.
12. The Omnistic path is one that should (given, its self-dissolving nature) be irrelevant and lost in the future.
13. Oh, Omnist, take care in choosing whether to leave or take the boat with you, once you cross the River of Life.
II. Practice of an Omnist
The Practice or rituals of an Omnist will vary with every individual. Listed below are personal examples of Practice that have been proven to be successful in their aims for an single individual. These are listed not to dictate, dogmatize, or even suggest a specific Practice for any individual to assume as their own, but to merely promulgate a Practice that has shown success to an Omnist.
- You are what you eat! Eat a vegan diet and eat moderately: digesting only that which is grown up from the earth and abstaining from digesting any meat or fluid of subspecies or sentient beings. Eat mindfully for your body, mind, and ether.
- Rest well and moderately, chronicling your dreams and waking with the Rise of the Sun. Periodically, experiment with abstaining from sleep and document the effects on your mood and awareness and the duration of the auto-insomnia.
- Strengthen and define your body daily. Practice an asana or yoga (here, implying a bodily-mental exercise) and a meditation (mental, focus, and awareness exercise) upon waking and before sleep.
- Read and learn with an insatiable, yet balanced, thirst. Practice “study and research” in a theantisynthic² conduct: beginning with the thesis, sustaining through the antithesis, and completing with its established or constructing a new synthesis.
- Practice social, mental, and emotional self-discipline.
III. There is Only Self-Liberation
This MANIFESTO is drafted by an Omnist and is only a singular understanding of a self-proclaimed Omnist. There is no one dogma or doctrine in Omnism. ALL Omnists may find it beneficial and wise to write and publish their individual interpretation and practice of their Omnistic path, to further explore this novel, mysterious philosophy and in chance – inspire others for the evolution of humanity. The future self-proclaimed Omnist who writes books of laws and dogmas under the name of Omnism will be known as The Fool and omitted.
¹ cath·o·lic | 1. Including a wide variety of things; all-embracing; 2. Including or concerning all humankind; universal.
² the·an·ti·synth | A three-variable equation of conduct, generally educational or having to do with research, derived from Hegelian-Marxist theory of human progression, equated as: t + a = s = t; or written as: thesis (t, or +) and to antithesis (a, or -) is then synthesis (s, or 0) is then, again, thesis (t, or +). ________________________________________
A Praxis of Omnism
i. What is Anarcho-Omnism?
In short, Anarcho-Omnism is a praxis of liberation and open-mindedness. It is a paradigm to liberate one’s mind from all mental-bondage, external dogmas, and exo-governmental domination. The concept is, in essence, the union of the philosophical paradigm of Omnism and the political system of Anarchy.
The beauty of this synthesis is twofold, 1.) with Omnism, one is self-allowed their own liberty of exploring and embracing any, all, or none of humanity’s archaic and/or established paths of understanding. Here, understanding all spirituality, religions, sciences, mystery cults, and philosophies themselves are all parallel paths of understanding; 2.) with Anarchy, one is self-liberated and, perhaps more importantly, self-governed. The cost of liberty is self-discipline; the necessity of balanced awareness of oneself and others is cardinal, in the most critical sense.
ii. Is not Anarchy synonymous with Chaos?
Anarchy is self-liberation through self-governance, allowing for abundant freedom and, therefore, ultimate sovereignty. Great fear is sparked within the weak minded or otherwise ignorant ones, with this notion of liberation and power; they fear chaos would inevitably ensue without external governance and the, now comfortable, constant sub-fear of punishment.
However, a factor that is gravely misunderstood by the ignorant of anarchist theory and philosophy (and especially the self-proclaimed “anarchist punks” who incite riots and fear during civil movements – damaging the image of True Anarchy) is that with self-liberation comes the necessity of self-discipline. Perhaps, it was written best by Stan Lee, “With great power comes great responsibility”, as well as Franklin Delenor Roosevelt, “Today we have learned in the agony of war that great power involves great responsibility.” It is true, chaos would surely breakout if all humanity suddenly gave into every want and desire of their Ego, but the evolved human (the one who has ascended beyond the Ego, mastering the Mind) and the evolved society (one of true liberation, beyond democracy, oligarchy, or external laws) will reasonably and logically understand the principle of SELF-DISCIPLINE.
iii. Is not Omnism a paradox?
The Omnist is a liberated human, not bound by any dogma or commandments, unless so deciding autocratically. They are catholic* in the most correct sense; perhaps the Omnist is the true Catholic, in reference to (but not necessarily opposing) the Roman Catholic Church whose dogmas, monetary ventures, wars, and indoctrination are anything but catholic.
Omnism is paradoxical, and here lies the gate to the dissolution and liberation from Omnism itself. Omnism is paradoxical in the sense that it is catholic, all-encompassing, and is a paradigm supporting all philosophies; in that, it must have the capacity of embracing Nihilism, a seemingly polar opposite – Omnism being the belief in “all” and Nihilism being the belief in “nothing.” This simple statement: Omnism encompasses Nihilism, is the dissolution of the Last Paradigm. Omnism, along with Anarchy, is a pathway to liberation, but is not liberation itself. Omnism should be practiced and analyzed and then ultimately dissolved along with all other isms. Only then will there be liberation.
The intentionally short history of Omnism is as with a common theme of self-realization from Buddhist and Taoist philosophy: the Ego (here, being omni-ism or any dogma) must be recognized and developed before one can dissolve, forget, or otherwise relinquish the Ego and Self-Realize (here, being the relinquishing of attachment to the ism). This is Liberation.
iv. How does Omnism differ from or contradict θέλημα (Thelema)?
Omnism and Thelema are inherently harmonious: both exemplifying paths of Will (as opposed to want or desire), self-discipline, and liberation. Both paths lead one to the understanding of the macro and microcosmic reality in which we exist, a deeper realization of the truth of what one is, and how to manifest and live a life of balance, peace, and abundance.
In contrast to Thelema, Omnist hold no organized Mass nor are there Masonic Order initiatory/ascension processes set in place. Also, currently, there is no one book all Omnist read or follow. Omnism may be Thelema without the guide of any man, or any one Crowley, but instead the guide of one’s own Being. Additionally, the intention of Omnism is to dissolve, as a bridge burnt to the Other side, where Thelema (A:A: and O.T.O) has no intention of dissipating, but rather act as a guide for this Aeon.
Perhaps, Omnism is the Thelema of the next Aeon; perhaps, the time of Omnism is only for the very few at our current humble period of time.
v. How does one genuinely live an Anarcho-Omnistic life buried in the chaos and dishonesty of the modern, global-consumeristic society?
The stark cultural influence and social conditioning of the globalized world bury the modern individual in layers upon layers of complex webs of behavioral rails. To see the hegemonized beings, who claim individuality with a learned passion, is to observe the reality of the words of Gramsci. Disappointingly, billions of corporate dollars investing in the researching of the psychology of consumers in the past century has paid off, to an unprecedented degree. Humans are perhaps more programmed than, in general, past centuries have shown. The growth of understanding of the human mind and the practice of desire-harvesting in consumer behavior have led to the daily world of mundanity. How could a true anarchist, a true individual (one that seeks self-realization) exist and genuinely express a true example of liberation in this world developed on the basis of hegemony?
Live your own culture, I say to you!
Evolve out of the superficial and mundane cage of the heavily entertained and under-educated generations. How will we ever find Truth reading gossip magazines? How will we ever see each other watching televised individuals be glorified for acting self-centered? How we ever develop ourselves with our focus concerned with the shortcoming of others?
It is strongly felt by myself that in order to initiate the Golden Art of Life and truly develop oneself to the heights of human potential, one must develop their own culture in the midst of the global culture and be not too proud to utilize its resources to benefit oneself. Utilization and reliance in this respect are the primary difference. One must be intelligent, wise and diligent in their execution of their personal revolution, for the Anarchist Revolution nor the Omnist Movement initiate from the external world. The Revolution only begins after the Personal revolution strikes the hearts and minds of ourselves, sister and brethren; we must develop ourselves in order to develop the world.
93 to ALL and may Will, Love, and Wisdom be with You!
WE are the Self! WE are God! AUM!
Do what thou Wilt shall be the whole of the Law.ˆ
With great power comes great responsibility.˜